I have 3 days left until I report to Raleigh, and I am at 94.7% of my final goal for raising support this summer! As this season of raising support has progressed, I have given myself many different deadlines and I have trusted the Lord to meet them all, and He has! In fact, He has exceeded them every single time that I can remember! This summer Has been just one more example of God's faithfulness in my life. He has always provided throughout my life, and I knew that He would this summer as well. There were many times that I would get discouraged, and question the Lord's purpose in this difficult task, but it has been nothing but beneficial to my spiritual growth.
My friend, Aaron Hughes, is also raising support this summer to go to Sweden for a year with Campus Crusade for Christ, and he still has a lot left to raise. We were talking on the phone a week ago, and though it is possible that he may not raise all of his support before his deadline, he said that the challenges and struggles that he has faced in raising support has produced a stronger dependency and faith in the Lord that is well worth all of the stress and uncertainties that come with this task... Even if he can't go to Sweden! We concluded that regardless of how good or bad the next year's experiences with Campus Crusade may be, support raising has caused enough growth in our lives to make interning worth while. It has challenged us to trust the Lord at a whole new level, and it has helped us to understand that he is truly in control of all things, for His glory, and for our good!
Fellow Believers,
We have nothing bad in store for us. If we persevere in the Faith, living a life of trusting and believing Jesus' words, then nothing bad can happen to us. Hard times will come. Doubts will arise. Death, Pain, Frustration, and Confusion are unavoidable, but all these are good things when they happen to God's children. Rest in a few of His promises:
"Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
-Psalm 73:23-26
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose"
-Romans 8:28
"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."
-2 Corinthians 4:17-18
"He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness" Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
-2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment